Old Testament God of the Cross
God of the 4-Way Cross--God of Your Fathers---I AM THAT I AM
God introduced Himself 4-ways to Moses three times in Ex 3:6, 3:14-15, and Ex 3:16.
Ex 3:14-15 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, Jehovah, (1) the God of your fathers, (2) the God of Abraham, (3) the God of Isaac, (4) the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.
Joseph is the fourth Patriarch in the line of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Joseph, because Jacob adopted both of Joseph's sons. He is referred to in the story of Joseph multiple times as the God of your father, and in the meeting with Moses as the God of your father and the God of your fathers.
God of the 4-Way Cross--Passover Lamb
God spoke to Moses with four instructions on how man should prepare, sacrifice His Passover Lamb, and effect His Passover. Ex 3:3,6,7,13
1. "Speak to all the congregation of Israel, saying, `On the tenth of this month they are each one to take a lamb for themselves, according to their fathers' households, a lamb for each household.
2. "You shall keep it until the fourteenth (77) day of the same month, then the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel is to kill it at twilight.
3. "Moreover, they shall take some of the blood and put it on the two doorposts and on the lintel of the houses in which they eat it. For I will go through the land of Egypt on that night, and will strike down all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgments--I am the LORD. The blood shall be a sign for you on the houses where you live;.
4 "when I see the blood I will pass over you, and no plague will befall you to destroy you when I strike the land of Egypt.
God of the 4-Way Cross--Journey of Life--Tree to Tree
FOUR days after The Day of Atonement is The Ingathering or Feast of Booths known in Hebrew as Sukkot. It is the 7th of seven sacred occasions, and falls on the 15th (after 77) of the 7th month, Tishri, and has a length of seven days;
The Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “Say to the Israelite people: ‘On the fifteenth day of this seventh month there shall be the Feast of Booths to the Lord, seven days. The first day shall be a sacred occasion: you shall not work at your occupations. (Lev 23:34-35 TANAKH)
A distinctive celebration of this sacred occasion, which follows FOUR days from the Day of Atonement, is to take FOUR types of trees and rejoice with them. Just as there are four days which must transpire after selection of the lamb for Passover, just as four days transpired before Lazarus was raised from the dead, just as there are four attributes of God of the 4-way cross, there are four trees.
On the first day you shall take (1) the product of hadar trees, (2) branches of palm trees, (3) boughs of leafy trees, and (4) willows of the brook, and you shall rejoice before the Lord your God seven days. (Lev 23:40)
1. "Product of hadar trees is Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil; conception to mortal death.
2. "Branches of palm trees is victory over spiritual death with the Lamb; rebirth of the spirit
3. "Boughs of leafy trees is growth in Holy Spirit of Light; sanctification until judgment day.
4 "Willows of the brook is Tree of Life in the New Jerusalem; journey of life complete.
God of the 4-Way Cross--First Four Commandments For God
God spoke to Moses with four commandments on how man should relate to His four attributes. Ex 20:3-8
1. "You shall have no other gods before Me.
2. "You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. . "You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me, . but showing lovingkindness to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
3. "You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain.
4 "Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
The last six commandments are God's instructions for six basic inherited natures of man on how to relate to other humans.
God of the 4-Way Cross--Isaiah's Prince of Peace
For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6
Why would Isaiah call the Son four names? Because the Son is like the Father of four ways, because the Son is more than just a trinity, or even the incarnation of morning, because the Son has all four aspects of God, because the Son was and is the incarnation of God. This is paraphrased at the end of the Lord’s prayer;
For thine is the kingdom of the Prince of Peace, the glory of the Wonderful Counselor, the power of the Mighty God, and Everlasting Father forever.